Thursday, May 31, 2007

Who wouldn't want a trampoline?

We have a small issue in our household. Dan really didn't want a trampoline and I really did want one. I think I am feeling a bit guilty for coercing him into getting a trampoline, so I will try to justify myself here on my blog.


The reasons I want one are kind of obvious (I think):

1) We have four kids

2) They really want a trampoline

3) I LOVE jumping on the trampoline

4) good exercise

5) it's like a giant hammock we can all fit on to.

6) I found it on Arborlist for $50 including safety net and delivery!

7) Friends and neighbors will want to come over and jump

The reasons Dan didn't want it:


1) takes a lot of the small back yard (he has a point here)


2) "someone will get hurt"


3) he had to put it together


4) hard to mow under


5)Friends and neighbors will want to come over and jump (yes, same reason on my list) He probably has lots more reasons, but those are the reasonable ones that I can remember.

Look at Dan happily putting the trampoline together!


The following are funny quotes from Dan concerning the trampoline (that all give me a good laugh and teasing rights)

1)While he was disgruntledly (sidenote: this is not a word, but it's what he was) putting the trampoline together he cut his arm and it was all dirty and bloody. I told him to go and take care of it and he said "No, I hope I get tetanus from this stupid trampoline"



2)Monday after a busy day of work and trampoline assembly I wanted to smooth things over with the whole trampoline issue. I can't remember exactly what I said but his response was "I didn't want a trampoline, you wanted one. We have one. You win and I lose, now lets watch this movie and enjoy it!!



3) The kids were all together talking about how great it was to have a trampoline and Dan said "Just don't come crying to me when you break your arm" I was thinking "I am sure they can't cry to their dad who is a doctor if they break their arm!" Is he going to stand there and refuse to take care of them because it happened on the trampoline?? I don't think so. I of course said "no kids, you can come crying to your dad/doctor if you break your arm and he will help you".



4)"We have plenty of room in the back yard for a trampoline, and there's plenty of room in the front yard for a broken down car up on blocks" I guess he thinks a trampoline is redneck or maybe just that it's redneck to have a trampoline taking up a large portion of your back yard.



5) As he was putting up the finishing touches on the trampoline he kept saying "this better be A WHOLE LOT of fun"

Estee loves the trampoline and it keeps her caged in! Bonus Feature of trampoline: Giant Playpen .

6 comments:

JAY AND JOSIE WEBB FAMILY said...

Funny! Jay sided with Dan. But we still have our trampoline. If Dan needs more reasons Jay has a much longer list. Me and Jami use it all the time and the grandkids when they are here.

The Cherry Family said...

That's hilarious. Poor disgruntled Dan.

Anonymous said...

Janie,
I love your blog. It somehow keeps us connected to you and your kids. I love the comments about the trampoline. Your kids will love it. Can't wait to see you in July. Travel safely.
Denise

Anonymous said...

Janie,
Remember how we LIVED on the trampoline growing up? I think I spent more time on the tramp than in the house. I laughed at your description of Dan and remembered Jim having those some thoughts during our Ohio time. He came home tired after being on call one night and there we all were laying on the tramp watching the stars. I had the missionaries come and set it up for me! He forgave me eventually. Can't wait to squeeze Estee! Love, Jill

Becky said...

Oh my gosh, Janie, that was hilarious! I could just feel how annoyed Dan must of been! I'm on your side, though. I LOVE trampolines. The only reason we don't have one is because Jere thinks "someone could get hurt" also. Duh, what do you think the safety net is for? How do you fall off the trampoline with one of those?? Plus, you are an awesome bargain shopper! All that for only $50? I've got to go find me one!! In the meantime, when can I come over to jump? J/K!! :)

k said...

Ha! Dan's funny. I think if we ever get a trampoline I'll be posting similar quotes from Ryan. He hates fun.