Friday, December 11, 2009

Ouch!

Estee got 8 stitches yesterday!! She jumped, or rather dived into a bean bag playing around in the basement. The edge of the coffee table on the other side of the bean bag was right in the way of her forehead. It bled a whole bunch and you all would be so proud at how calm I was. Jake was home from school because his school had a power outage, and he was crying. Poor guy. Blood was everywhere and gushing from this deep gash on her head. We also had a friend over playing and he was super calm, even more than me. He must have seen something like this before, he should be a doctor someday if all that blood doesn't bother him.

Luckily, Dan was able to meet us at the hospital and stitch Estee up. She sat on my lap in the chair so I could help hold her down and calm her down. She was really upset by the needle poking her to numb things up. The two nurses and I finally got her calmed down by talking about ballerina class, promises of a play date with friends, and I also promised her a new sleeping beauty dress up dress. By the end of the stitches she was almost asleep! She had worn herself right out. She was a brave little three-year-old.
She wanted some eggs for breakfast this morning so they could "help her owie get all better". Cute!

8 comments:

Jill said...

Oh my word!! Poor Estee. I can't believe all the things we survive from our childhood. My head got slammed into the sidewalk when Josie was pumping me on her bike, the pool table fell onto little Julie's leg and broke it, (king kong do it) and poor Joe bounced out of the moving truck and drank diesel. It's nice that bodies that little recover and we don't even remember the trauma's. Janie, I received my birthday present from you today and I LOVE it. It is a treasure and brings back all our fun memories of our trip. Thank you so much. You are awesome!!!

.............................. said...

What a brave little cutie! I love the bribe of a new Sleeping Beauty dress. She is getting so big.

Abbigail said...

Poor little Estee. That looks like a bad cut. I am glad that Dan was able to stitch it so you know it will heal well.
Cute new princess dress.
BTW I haven't called you back, but I will be in UT on Tuesday, so I won't be able to make it to your place. I wish!!!!! Thanks for thinking of me. XXXXX

Elizabeth said...

Sorry Estee! I do love that she has her princess dress on though. No better way to visit the hospital than in your gown!

Denise said...

So sorry to hear about Estee. I love what they say to help them get better...too cute. Happy Holidays.

Dustin and Shelli Chambers said...

Oooh, good thing Dan got to do the stitches, no scar for estee, I'm sure. Head wounds are always so dramatic, even if they aren't serious, sorry! I love seeing her in that dress, Kennedy wore one just like it EVERYDAY for like, her entire 3 year-old year. Cute!

Jana said...

She is so brave. I would have thrown a major fit. No play date would be enough to get me side tracked. And when I saw her at the recital, it was actually not very noticeable at all. God job Dan!

Becky said...

I can't believe you stayed calm with all that blood! I'm so proud! :) I'm glad Estee is healing fast and I'm sure with Dan's expertise, she won't even have a scar.