We went sledding a few times with the kids over the Christmas break. For the most part it was lots of fun. With the exception of my major jump and minor injury. One of the times we went sledding was at Vets (which is a big sledding hill) it was really cold and icy that day and the snow had been there a couple of days and was really packed down. After watching the kids go down a few times and Dan go down a few times and Jake was begging me to go down with him I decided it would be safe enough to give it a try. So Jake and I hopped on the sled and started down the hill. As we were approaching the middle of the hill I thought I saw a jump up ahead, yep it was a jump ahead and we were headed straight for it. I tried to lean the sled to the left and push with my hands, but we were going sooooo fast on that icy hill before I knew it we were right to the jump and it was the biggest jump on a sledding hill I had ever seen. As we flew up the jump and were sailing through the air I could feel my legs in the air and I knew it was going to hurt. I landed flat on my stomach with a big thud and the wind knocked out of me. Luckily Jake landed three feet in front of me. Jake was saying "mom, you do that the best" and "let's do it again". I was not and will not be doing that again probably ever and I am pretty sure I never want to go back to Vets to sled. I ended up a little bruised and sore for a few days. All in all I am fine but a little freaked out by that hill and mostly that jump.
Dan said the kids all around him were saying "Wow, that was the biggest air of the year". Glad I could provide.
Jake and I just before we headed down the hill towards the big jump.
Just after the big jump.



They made it look so safe and fun.
4 comments:
What a great story. I am sorry that you got hurt, but I guess that the kids now have a new appreciation for their super cool Mom. They will have to call you "Big Air Momma" now.
Grandpa Ward
Awesome! Not awesome that you got hurt, of course! Vets is pretty cool, but you really have to watch the jumps. I wonder who puts them there, because they are there every time! Last time we went we had to spend more time at the smaller hill because it was getting too dangerous! Glad you're okay!
Sledding looks like so much fun. I wish I had been there for the "wicked jump". I love all the pics. We miss you guys, enjoy the snow for us!
Hey, at least you're still smiling in that after shot and it was a good rush right?? You got serious mom points for that one!
Post a Comment