Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Life after the frozen tundra

I love spring. It is always so amazing to see the little flowers come up out of the previously frozen ground, and birds magically reappear and start singing, and trees sprout leaves. This year we took pictures of our tree daily as the buds came out. It's amazing how fast it changes. There is only one day between each picture!

The beautiful tree in our backyard over the last ten days.....





























































Thanks to our budding photographer, Jake, who took lots of these pictures. :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photography Jake! What a fun idea.
Love,
Grandma Ward

Dustin and Shelli Chambers said...

How fun to have spring documented! I wish we had anything blooming...we got more snow this morning! Keep up the good work, Jake!

Jill said...

Janie,
Those pictures are so cool. I love spring! It was a little depressing today in Logan, May 1st to have it snow 80% of the day. But spring is upon us. Good luck on the trip!

Byron said...

It's almost too good to be true! We're loving it. BBQ time galore!

Becky said...

That's cool! I can't believe how fast it bloomed. Even the trees get impatient with the winter! Hope you are enjoying Miami!

Lisa said...

Those pictures are amazing, I love that spring has finally sprung!