Friday, November 21, 2008

Twilight: 12:01


Don't ask me why I thought it would be a good idea to go to the 12:01 am showing of Twilight. I really should have said, no way after getting up yesterday at 4am to scrape the wallpaper off the walls in my bathroom.
The movie was pretty good, but it was like a teen fest! My friend, Becky and I felt like we were the old folks. The whole movie we kept wondering if we were missing something. They laughed at EVERYTHING, Edward turned his head, ha,ha,ha,ha,ha. The BOY behind me kept gasping and saying "oh my gosh" during all the lovey dovey scenes, which is a little weird. The girls sitting next to me seemed to think everything in the movie was "awkward", they said over and over.
It was fun to see the movie, I'm just not sure about sharing the theater with 200 teenagers!
Now back to mom-life, I am tired.

8 comments:

Becky said...

I'm not sure what possessed us either. Maybe we were trying to be teenagers again by being spontaneous at the cost of having a decent night's sleep . . . yeah, what were we thinking?? I still had a good time despite the fact that we were the old farts with our giant popcorn buckets and awesome coupons! All in the name of our love for Edward!

BTW, Gas Bubble says hello! :)

The Russell Family said...

ha ha ha! I love that you went to it at midnight! I am also going to the midnight one tonight and I can not wait! I hope I can be a cool mom like you :)

Jill said...

I haven't made it yet to Twilight. Jenessa wants me to go first and make sure it's not to lovey dovey and Jim won't go with me. But I was checking in to see if you blogged about the Ohio State vs. Michigan game today?

Abbigail said...

so funny!

Denise said...

I'm taking Joe with me. He loves about ANY show if it is in a theatre (he definately takes after your mom in that respect). Hope I like it-but I'm really not having too high of expectations.

JAY AND JOSIE WEBB FAMILY said...

Loved it! We went to the midnight show on the 2nd night so not as many screaming teens, mostly old popcorn eaters like us. Jay stayed home with Preslie so the rest of us could go. I'm with Joe, if it's in a theatre with popcorn I will probably like it.

Dustin and Shelli Chambers said...

My midnight experience was a lot like yours. We thought we were the oldest people there, too, but turns out there was someone who was 73 - she won a poster! Also, I was exhausted for like, the next 4 days. oh well, we are totally cool moms.

Jill said...

OK, so someone told me there was not major kissing so Jenessa decided to come with and we went today to see Twilight. I wasn't expecting to love it but, I did. It was a "Jill" show as Jim would say. Then tonight on Jay Leno Edward was on and was such a dork. I think they gave him a little too much to drink to relax him or something. He said he has problems with personal hygiene and never washed his hair. And it looked like it. Auuugh. He was starting to ruin my nice picture of Edward! Anyway, Janie have a nice Thanksgiving. We will miss you!