The next day Grandma and Grandpa came for a visit. It was very fun, we had a great time with them and love all the help they give us when they come. We had a great Thanksgiving Day with them, although we didn't get any pictures of G-ma and G-pa (sorry), or the main course of our Thanksgiving dinner. We did manage to get some pictures of the pies :).
We had six different pies. Pecan, pumpkin, lemon meringue, apple, double-chocolate pumpkin cheesecake, and chocolate mousse. I was trying to please everyone. Chocolate mousse for Jake (and me), pecan for Dan, apple for Grandpa, pumpkin for grandma, lemon meringue for me, cheesecake for Andy, Abby, me and Dan. Wait that's way too many for me!
She tried telling Andy that it looked funny and he said "It looks fine to me, Abby". She then came and showed it to me. I could see a wave in her arm, that did not look right. Dan was working so I found a friend/doctor in our ward. He agreed it didn't look right and we should go the ER.


Abby broke both bones in her right arm just above her wrist. This picture was taken right after they set it and she was still a little loopy from the anesthesia. She looks pretty happy about the whole thing. She was saying things like she was so happy she did this because her life was exciting now, and next would be her leg.
Now that she has had some time to think about it, she doesn't think it is that great. She is bummed she can't play piano (although we are trying with the left hand to keep up her lessons), can't swim, can't play basketball, can't ski. It's also kind of a pain to write, open a locker, get dressed, zip up a zipper, unscrew a lid etc, etc.
After all the excitement of the broken arm, we had Jake's baptism the very next day! It was a very nice baptism. The ward missionaries were there and both talked, Dan talked and I gave a spotlight of Jake. Jake's toe came out the first try, but the second try was successful! Abby was planning on playing a piano piece and still wanted to try. It was a little shaky, but she did fine. Dan gave Jake some nice blessing when he was confirmed and I was glad I got to hear it all, as I was chasing Estee around and trying to shush her. I am so proud of Jake, and his decision to be baptized. He is such a good person and I hope he continues to make good choices and be the great person he is. We had some friends over to the house after the baptism for some food and celebration. We had no family here for the Baptism, so we really felt blessed to have so many friends come and share Jake's special day with us. Thanks everyone!








11 comments:
Congrats Jake, that is an awesome decision you've made. Janie, your desserts looked so yum, wish you were here and could have shared them with us. So sorry to hear about Abby's arm, that can't be fun. Hope she heals quickly. Are you guys coming out for Christmas? I haven't heard so I was just wondering. Take care and let's hope no one else gets hurt.
Yeah to Jake! I kept wondering why there was no blogging going on at your house and now I know! What a month you've had! We are so happy for Jake, he is such a doll. We are so sad for Abby! Josh and Jenessa walk in as I was reading that and they both laughed out loud at what she said when she was "loopy". We love you guys and hope you're having a Merry month.
Wow, there is never a dull moment :) What a fun month! Ours hasn't been quite as eventful.
Isn't it wonderful to have a few perks when you hubby is a physician! Like sailing through a crowded E.R.! Congrats to Jake! Maia can't wait to be baptized in March. She practices in the bath tub. I love hearing all about your adventures via your blog!
Congratulations to Jake, and Get well soon to Abby, she must be pretty tough, if TWO bones were broke, and you weren't sure right away...
PS - I'm so hungry for dessert now!
I wish we all could have been there for the baptism! Next one for sure :) Sorry about Abby's arm, church parties can get pretty wild, just ask the poor kid who smacked his shins on a metal cart Jami was pushing around a few years ago!! We will have to tell you the whole story sometime. Are you coming back to visit soon?
Well Jake, my toe came out of the water, then my hair, so it took 3 times for me :) Congratulations!
Abby, so sorry about your arm, it sounds like you will be wishing for boring again. I can't believe you could still play the piano, wow, good job!
Those desserts are beautiful!!
Cute pictures of all the excitement!
One, congrats Jake!!! I'm sad I missed it. Two, Abby--wow! I can't believe the kids smashed her arm in the door and broke it! And it doesn't sound like she screamed. Impressive. Last, we're super impressed with all the pies. Mike's jealous I can't make stuff like that. :) Merry Christmas!
Happy late Birthday Jake, Brand and I thought of you on your big day. Abby, I hope your arm is healing up nicely. Josh and I were dying when we read someone smashed it in a door! That had to hurt so bad! Janie I wish I was there for that yummy looking cake! We miss you guys!
Congrats to Jake, and Happy Birthday! Condolences to Abby! I love Abby--always finding the adventure in life. And, I wish I could have had Thanksgiving at your house--your desserts looked amazing! I laughed when you wrote about chasing Estie around during the baptism--Tyler decided he was done and was talking loudly and running around. Thankfully my sister-in-law took him out in the hall so I too could listen to the confirmation too. It's nice to read about your life--we really miss your family. I loved your Christmas card! I was too lazy this year to find a picture, so next year.
Post a Comment