Friday, February 6, 2009

Abby's facial, Estee body paint

Abby is going to kill me for posting this, but I just want to anyway. Dan (with my assistance) gave Abby a facial. We had the whole spa treatment going with candles, music--we even banished Estee, Jake, and Andy so she could really relax. She was very resistant to this at first, but I think she secretly really liked it. She will never admit this, however. You should ask her about it next time you see her.

I love this one of Dan massaging her temples. He regularly threatens her to quit scowling or he will botox her scowl away! Ha! I hope he does it one day!!

Estee has become fascinated with painting herself. I think she must have been a warrior in her previous life because she seems to know just what to do and wants to do it all the time. She is ready for battle whenever she has ice cream, or pudding. This time in particular I was having a conversation with the rest of the family and ignored her for a few minutes--big mistake. Silly me for thinking I could have a conversation! I love the detail on the arms. I think someday she might be a painter--I am so glad I am not squashing that dream by keeping her clean.
If no body paint (ice cream) is available she finds other sources, she can be creative, pretty much anything on Abby's desk she can make good use of, she used stickers this time. Jake was her partner in crime here.
Andy scored 12 points at a basketball game yesterday and Jake did some great rock climbing! Someday when I actually attend one of Andy's games and Jake's rock climbing (besides drop off/pick up) I will take pictures and post about them! But for now, way to go boys!!
Dan seems to think my post about Abby's cello performance is inaccurate. He doesn't think I was "literally" bursting with pride. I guess I am still in one piece and haven't burst open yet so maybe he is right. I stand corrected. I am just figuratively bursting with pride.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How nice to have a facial! Is that something you learn in residency? If so I can't wait!! -Jenna

JAY AND JOSIE WEBB FAMILY said...

How spoiled, facials! And did somebody say botox? Call me! That last picture, Abby looks just like you at that age and Jake is a clone of Jared! Can you see it? I was there and it's true!

Byron said...

What great parents!

nickyfish said...

I love it! Especially Abby's scowl!!! It was fun to see you briefly on your last visit. How was Dan's non-interview with the U? We would love to live near you again!!