Well, the good news is:
The fish are alive.
I showered this morning.
Fish can live for at least two minutes out of water.
Finally put the new rug in the boy’s room.
The fish tank got cleaned out!
No school today--snow day.
The bad news:
If Jake leaves his dresser drawer open it works as great step stool for Estee to climb up to see the fish.
Jakes dresser drawer was filled with fish water for at least three minutes (until it all leaked out).
At least 20 different stuffed animals have fish water on them--not sure how I will clean them (maybe no one will notice if they disappear one at a time...shhh)
I drove to the recycle center on the very snowy roads. The roads are too snowy for kids to go to school but not for me to take the old rug with fish water on it to the recycle center.
No more showering while Estee is awake.
No school today--snow day.
The fish are alive.
I showered this morning.
Fish can live for at least two minutes out of water.
Finally put the new rug in the boy’s room.
The fish tank got cleaned out!
No school today--snow day.
The bad news:
If Jake leaves his dresser drawer open it works as great step stool for Estee to climb up to see the fish.
Jakes dresser drawer was filled with fish water for at least three minutes (until it all leaked out).
At least 20 different stuffed animals have fish water on them--not sure how I will clean them (maybe no one will notice if they disappear one at a time...shhh)
I drove to the recycle center on the very snowy roads. The roads are too snowy for kids to go to school but not for me to take the old rug with fish water on it to the recycle center.
No more showering while Estee is awake.
No school today--snow day.

Magic and Sorad still swimming (for now).







6 comments:
wow. that is quite a story. some morning huh?
Fun day, eh? Caleb often takes a shower with me to keep him out of trouble. Love this stage. :)
I can't help but giggle. It reminds me of when Noah flushed a tube of toothpaste down the toilet. We had very little money, but Andy is a handy guy. Between the 2 of us, 5 hours later, and a blow torch we had the tube out!
I can't remember what my kids did during those 5 hours.....
Poor, poor fish. we had 2 once, didn't last long! Pretty boring pets anyway! : )
Ryan claims to have the 'longest living goldfish ever in the history of man.' I don't really believe him, but please make your fish last longer than his so I don't have to hear it anymore!
I wash all of our stuffed animals in a lingere bag in the washer and dry them in the dryer. So far they've all come out okay, some a little matted looking. I figure, if they can't survive the washing machine, they don't really belong in this family.
Post a Comment