One of the PAs that works in the oto department is also a professional photographer. He came in one day and took some pictures of Dan operating (they were drilling out the bone behind the ear and repairing an ear drum). I thought it was kind of fun to see what Dan looked like in the OR. I'm not sure what I expected he would look like, but I guess I didn't think he would be so, I don't know...sterile looking. I guess I am glad he looks STERILE in the OR. Anyway, it was fun for me to see him busy at work in these pictures.

This is my favorite shot.

In case you just can't tell what is going on here. He is operating on the patient's right ear with a microscope, which is all wrapped up so it's sterile. It looks to me like it would be hard to see what the heck you are doing.
Closing the incision.
Dan operating with somebody watching.










6 comments:
Oh my gosh! Dan really is a doctor! I know he's gone all the time, has his very own prescription pad and occasionally wears scrubs, but I never imagined that he was off doing real doctor things in the meantime! I'm going to start calling him Doctor Dan from now on!
Cool pix, by the way!
Great pictures. Fun to see him in action.
These pics are awesome! I knew he was a surgon, but to see him in action is so cool.
Those were awesome! It's true though, how many of us actually see our spouses on the job?!
Wow, these pictures are the coolest. It is crazy to actually see Danny doing stuff I only see on Grey's each week...do you call him McDreamy???
I always have wanted a "take your wife to work day" because I want to really see what my husband does every single day when he is gone forever. I've been to the procedure rooms and stuff, but I still am doubtful that he actually does stuff in there! Way, way cool picts. Tell Dan's buddy to go take some picts in the Peds Cards Cath Lab, they've got some cool looking things in there too. Maybe not as cool as Dan, but.....
Post a Comment