Friday, August 29, 2008

Beaver Island, MI


The Ferry ride over to Beaver Island (click on name to learn more about BI) was about two hours and we had a fun ride. All the kids were so excited to ride the boat and check out Beaver Island. Jake and Estee are enjoying the ride.





Playing cards and relaxing on the boat ride.


Jake and Dan getting a little one on one--look at Jake's little captain hat he got on this trip--he didn't want to take it off.
Estee enjoying one of her few moments of holding still with grandpa.

We made it to Beaver Island! We even have some town folk to meet us at the dock.Yeah! Finally I get to go swimming!!

Grandpa loves telling jokes and in this joke Jake is suppose to respect Siam by saying "Oh what an ahhh Siam" But it kind of sounds like he's saying "oh what an a-s-s I am". He kept saying it louder the more we laughed! Grandpa got this video of the whole thing. It's pretty funny.




Abby "teaching" how to pose for pictures.

Estee running on the beach, why is it so much fun to watch a little toddler run?

Is Andy giving the sunset "the bird"?


This beach is famous for it's sunsets--so pretty!




The light house on Beaver Island has really cool twisty stairs, and a lot of gross bugs and spiders.

Coming back to Charleviox--look my dream house is for sale!
We saw this cool pirate ship--if you look close you can see them working way up high on those little boards and ropes. So cool!

We had a race back to Ann Arbor boys vs girls. Luckily it was pretty uneventful, we were both driving way too fast. Dan thought he could go the "better" way when we were leaving Petoskey (4-5 hour drive home) and wouldn't listen to me so we both went the way we thought was best. He called me about an hour later and we figured out I was about two miles ahead of him on the freeway (ha, ha). He tried for the next 3 hours to catch me, but what can I say, I am a hard person to catch on the freeway. With about 15 minutes left on our drive home, he almost caught me (I am sure I just cleared the way for him), when I had to pull over for gas and a stinky diaper (totally not fair that I was driving with the two-year old!). He passed me by and he got home before us, but I still consider it a victory for me!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Looks so beautiful, we're going to have to make this trip some time!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures. What a great trip to end the summer. Sigh.