Friday, September 5, 2008

Bittersweet-ness

Utah won Michigan. I am a huge Michigan Fan, but I really loved seeing Utah win this game.We had so much fun with our friends, Chris and Lisa, who came for the weekend and to watch the game with us.
I did wear red for the game and here we are at the Utah tailgate party. Dan went neutral which I think is a little wimpy--pick a team man.

What's a game without food! More bittersweet-ness. My kids started back to school this week. I was really looking forward to having part of the day back to myself, or at least as much as it can be with a 2 year-old. I was surprised how much I miss and worry about them all day! I am getting soft.
I managed to get Jake's picture while he was riding his bike to school. Andy and Abby have to leave so early and in a mad rush that we haven't been able to get a picture of them yet. I hope it gets easier!

3 comments:

Denise said...

I kept thinking of you guys and kept wondering which team you would root for. Joe thought it would be Michigan all the way but I wasn't so sure. Looks like you had a blast. I can't believe how big that stadium is-doesn't it hold close to 80,000 people. Just a smidge bigger than Utah's. So fun for you guys.

Jill said...

I thought that might be a little bittersweet for you. But you gotta root for the underdogs! I can't believe your kids are just now starting school! I feel like the year's half over. Sky View creamed Logan tonight 28-7. Now if Ohio State can just do the same to Michigan it will be a good year. Have an awesome birthday Sunday. For a few months we are both in our 30's! Love you. Jill

Janie said...

Denise--I did a whole annoying post about this topic last year at this time--you can go back and look at it if you want to. The "Big House" or the University of Michigan Stadium is the largest stadium in the country and the fourth largest stadium in the world. It has a capacity of 107,501, but usually has around 111,000 for every game! It's kind of a point of pride around here. They are actually building sky boxes and making it up to code for handicap patrons so we are going to lose some of those seats and our record will probably go down. Anyway, there you have it!
Jill,
Can we just win one year while we are here! I have yet to see us win to Ohio State while we have lived here. Considering Michigan's current performance I really don't know if it's possible. I will continue to hold our hope. Go Blue!