Tuesday, September 16, 2008

What the......14 years!

I am not sure how it happened, but I have been married for 14 years today! I know you're really shocked, because I pretty much still look like I'm 20...right?!?!
I am so lucky to be married to such a great guy who has made the past 14 years fly right by! He also is so great that he made me want to have 4 babies--and they are all pretty great too, just like their dad! Try not to be too jealous of my, oh, so perfect life...

I just want to tell Dan (and whoever else happens to read this) that I am really happy to have him and look forward to the next fourteen years (and in the immediate future, I am really looking forward to going to Chicago!!) Thanks Elizabeth for watching the kids :)









Who doesn't love a guy with a moustache?? It's sexy, I know.


So, this is right after we got done listening to a 3 hour presentation on why we should buy a condo! We were celebrating the end of medical school and Dan finishing a marathon the week before. I'm surprised we were able to smile here, because after the high-pressure sales tactics from the condo sales people, we felt like we had both run a marathon that day.


Abby's baptism day. I am so happy that Dan has been able to baptize two (almost three) of our kids. Gosh, what a great 14 years--love you!

PS--probably should post some wedding pictures but I hate them, so...sorry!

14 comments:

ss said...

Congrats on the 14 years and Janie it is amazing that you still look like your 20. Please share your secrets. Have fun. We miss you guys.

Janie said...

Yeah, so that was a joke that I looked 20. Because I so obviously don't. Ha, ha, ha.

Anonymous said...

I am sorry that you think that yoou look like you are 20. I would have put you more at about 18. Janine and I lovve you so much. Happy 14th and my the next 14 be just as exciting and happy.

Anonymous said...

ps.
please ignore the double letters in the last comment.

Denise said...

I can't believe it's been 14 years!!! I remember when I came to your reception. Who knew 2 years later I would be part of your awesome family. Congrats, you two were made for each other.

Jill said...

Janie,
I thought about calling you all day and wishing you a happy 14th but here it is 11:30 Utah time so I won't. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!

Becky said...

I can't believe we had our 14th anniversary this year either! Where did all the time go??!
That's funny that you said you hate your wedding pix . . . notice how you've never seen any of mine?? I don't want anyone to see how retarded I looked in my puffy-sleeve, super ugly dress! What was I thinking?! Ughh!
Have a great time in Chicago!

Byron said...

Hope you're having the time of your lives! Congrats.

Dustin and Shelli Chambers said...

Happy Anniversary! I remember your wedding, and being so excited to be a bridesmaid! I was pretty much an old pro by then, what with Jill and Julie letting me be a part of theirs, too! I was the luckiest girl ever, with those fun aunts that were like sisters, only better! Love you!

JAY AND JOSIE WEBB FAMILY said...

Happy Anniversary! I loved your wedding dress and your perfect wedding hair, you were such a beautiful bride! What are you talking about? Anyway, happy 14 years!

nickyfish said...

Happy Anniversary! Dan is a lucky guy to have you! Although he's pretty great too! We love your family and really miss you all. Please give the kids big hugs from us and have a great time in Chicago!

nickyfish said...

So I had to comment again on the wedding picture scenario--Becky and Janie--this is also my 14th year of marriage, but I'm such a lousy wife that I keep forgetting, not because we're not happy, but because Pete's the thoughtful one in our relationship. I don't really like my pictures either, with my borrowed dress from my sister-in-law that looks fabulous on her, but was totally not my style at all, except that it was FREE! Yeah, I keep those pictures in a box! I'm sure both of you ladies looked fabulous--you still do! Miss you both! Go out to lunch in honor of me okay!

nickyfish said...

Okay . . . evidence of my bad wifeness . . . Pete reminded me, we've only been married for 13 years--I could have sworn we all got married in 1995. Am I wrong?

Janie said...

Nicole, that is too funny! It must just SEEM like 14 years when it's really only been 13. JK, you are funny. I miss hanging out with you are you coming here this fall?