Tuesday, April 28, 2009

I must first apologize to my faithful readers for my long hiatus. Jill, are you there? I hope your still checking in on my blog :) Ok, all kidding aside I don't know where all the time goes, but I really want to get back into blogging so what better way to start back than with a post about a fabulous kid-free (love ya kids, but love to get away from ya too :)) get-away!
Thanks to Elizabeth for the three way swap of babysitting! I know you got the short-end of the stick on that deal, so I owe you one. Thanks!
Dan and I snuck out early in the AM on a Tuesday (5am to be exact) and took off for some fun in the sun in Florida! We had a hotel right on the beach and didn't even rent a car. We had pure relaxation in mind, and it totally panned out!
It's nice to know after almost 15 years(!!!!) together we still really like just hanging out together, I didn't even get sick of him the whole 3 days (hard to believe huh?) I think that's the most time we have spent together in the last 10 years!

I have to admit these pictures are kind of lame, we never really felt like getting the camera out and we didn't really care about taking pictures of ourselves (pictures seem way less important without kids around, or my sisters). Anyway, here are the pics!
This first one is the view from our hotel balcony at 6 am I woke up and couldn't get back to sleep, thank you children for years of getting me up at the crack of dawn, now I can't sleep in if I want to. So, I was enjoying the nice view and reading my book until I was forced inside by the neighboring balcony's smoke fest.

We stayed at Hollywood beach and our hotel had this broadwalk between it and the beach. It was really great because you walk up and down all three miles of it and there were little shops and restaurants all along it on one side and the beautiful ocean and beach on the other side. This picture is the broadwalk and our hotel taken from the beach.
Does it get any better? This is my idea of heaven. I sure hope there are beach chairs and sand and a big ocean in heaven.
Like I said the photo's are lame. This is me, pre-tan, you should see now!
Look at that water, I love that color.

This is Dan's idea of getting a tan, baking under a towel??
Highlights of the trip:
Swimming in the ocean and riding the waves
laying in the sun and being warm
not having any responsibilities for 3 days
seafood
getting home to the kids
We had so much fun and promised the kids to take them soon! They were pretty jealous :)

9 comments:

Spanos said...

I too hope there is a beach in heaven. Sounds like an amazing time. I'm more relaxed just reading about it.

Jill said...

Of course I am here!!! I've been doing my daily checks and here it finally is. And it was worth the wait! That beach looks wonderful and the thought of just sitting there with your sweetie for 3 days reading a good book. It just doesn't get any better than that! Thanks for giving the blog the attention it needed. :) Love ya.

.............................. said...

I am so glad you are blogging again! I missed you :) I have been wondering how you were doing. I can't wait to take a trip without kids. We live in this beautiful place, but don't have anyone to swap kids with, so sad! I am glad you and Dan had a great time! I also hope there is a beach in heaven! Tell the kids "hi" for us!

Elizabeth said...

Totally jealous as I am looking at those pictures. Can it please stay warm here?! I need me an ocean like that! Glad you guys had fun, your kids are the easiest bunch to watch.

Denise said...

Glad you are back. What a great getaway!!! Those are the best, just the two of you with no kid worries. So glad you had such a nice time.

Anonymous said...

Ok I am just gonna say it I hate smokers, they ruin everything including my lungs!! ha ha anyway now thats out I am so wanting some beach time! I love your cute white beach dress. Has it really been fifteen years? wow thats awesome! -Jenna

Cordie said...

I am getting more excited for Florida after seeing these pics! Glad you had such a fun time.

Becky said...

It looks like you had the beach all to yourselves! Awesome! I will try not to be jealous of you even though I was getting pelted with hail while you were relaxing on the shore. I am also not jealous that I am a pasty ghost in comparison to you now. Nope. Not jealous at all . . .

Abbigail said...

fun, I am drooling.