Monday, August 17, 2009

My Garden...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE having a garden! It's tiny and it's our first year trying it, but it is the greatest to have tomatoes from the garden. When we planted in May I really thought it was kind of a big waste of money, because I thought nothing would produce fruit. I am happy to say I was soooo wrong.
It's hard to believe that these beautiful tomato plants started out like this......


Actually, they started out much smaller this was after a month or so of growing.

I went out last week and picked everything that was ripe......
Can you believe all this! I was so happy, and I knew I must make salsa ASAP!

I got some great help making the salsa, Estee had her butter knife and kept cutting tomato after tomato and saying "we're making Sa-sa" it was dang cute!

I love this garden so much, I know it is tiny and people have much more awesome gardens, but I think mine is perfect! I am wondering why I haven't done this every year?

9 comments:

RicAnn said...

I wish I was there to help you eat your salsa! Oh what I'd do for a night at the Chocolate House!

Abbigail said...

Those boxes turned out great! Yummy salsa for sure.. I echo ricanns comments.

Denise said...

I love that you had Estee help chop tomatoes. I love fresh garden produce. Enjoy!!!

Becky said...

I can't believe how much stuff that little garden has produced! I am totally going to try one next year. Estee is adorable cutting the tomatoes.

Dustin and Shelli Chambers said...

Me and Shelli are lookin at your garden and think it is awesome! Homemade salsa is the BEST! Estee is so cute I am so glad you put some video on here of her talking at her b-day I love that little voice :) -Jen

Jill said...

Good for you! You just can't beat garden-fresh! Oh, and I love the tea-party idea. It looks like they had so much fun!

Jill said...

I am a very proud sister indeed. And I can't wait to squeeze Estee in 2 weeks!!!!

Naomi said...

Wow. You must be a natural. Lovely garden! And lovely produce!

nickyfish said...

Wow . . . impressive! I planted a few tomato plants this summer and have been really pleased, but its nothing like your garden. That's amazing! Can you send me your salsa recipe? I haven't found one that I'm crazy about yet.