
Our family exactly four years ago on Memorial Day. My family has a big Memorial Day family reunion every year that I never want to miss because it is usually the only time all year I get to see some of my cousins, aunts, and uncles. This picture was taken on our last day in Utah before we left for Michigan! We still miss those beautiful mountains!
Even though we didn't get to spend this Memorial Day weekend with my family, we still managed to find some fun things to do. We got some work done too, as you can see in this picture of Jake with the giant axe that is way too dangerous for someone his size. We decided to get the work done before we played, so we dug out this tree stump that's been bothering us since we moved in. Jake really wanted to help out especially when we got to the axe chopping part. Here he is chopping away.

Abby also helping with the axe chopping. After I took the pictures, I noticed that she didn't have shoes on. I had to tell her that she would chop her toe off and to get some shoes on!
Dan did a lot of the work on the tree stump on Friday night with plans to finish it up the next day. Unfortunately, Dan was on call and ended up being gone all day long and the nex day, too!! He was exhausted and didn't help any more with the tree stump, so I broke some child labor laws--as you can see, it was pretty fierce. After all the guilt I felt from forcing my children to work soooo hard all weekend on Monday (Memorial Day), we decided to play. Dan had the day off and finally slept Sunday night, so we decided it was time for some fun. We had a fun family run/bike ride where Abby rode my bike with Estee in the trailer (it was so cute, I wish I would have had the camera), Jake rode his bike, and Dan and I ran alongside. Andy sat home, so I guess it wasn't the whole family, but close enough. Next we headed to the pool, which was the highlight of the day! We took the camera and got some pictures at the local pool.

All the kids loved it. But I think it was the most fun to see Estee, because she was so excited for the "Big Wa-wa" (big water). We enjoyed watching Andy, Abby, and Jake playing with her in the water.
Jake playing a game with Estee in the pool.
One of my little ghosts,. My kids are easy to find at the pool--I just look for the glowing white bodies.

Cute girls playing in the pool. We had fun day with perfect weather. It was fun to lay in the sun in Ann Arbor!
4 comments:
You know, Janie, I might as well live across the country as often as we make it to the reunion...sorry Mom, Grandma...Looks like you had a great weekend in Michigan though...maybe in Lewiston next year???
We tend to break the child labor laws also...ssshhhhh.
Looks like you all had a great time. We are glad we have a little longer in mountainless Michigan.
Well, I did make it to the reunion in Lewiston and it was a classic. Aunt Doris with big bear hugs for brother Jay, LOTS of little ones running around, mom's yummy marinated baked chicken, Josie's yummy salads, cousins, and the best news of all.....Robin is getting married at 38!!! She brought her fiance and he seems really nice. But we missed your family and look forward to when you will be closer. Love you, Jill
love to get abby in the shower after her swim, sexin the shower is my favoutite, cumin all 3 of her holes
Post a Comment