Last week we were supposed to go on a little vacation to wonderful Lake Michigan (see picture), but it was about 55 degrees and cold. So we decided to stay home and try to do fun things at home. We were bummed to not be spending our precious vacation time at the beach. However, out of all bad things come good things, or something like that, right.
Ok, maybe not but I am trying to think positively here.

We got lots of cleaning done. Dan was able to study. Abby and Jake didn't miss any of their swimming lessons (I am sure they would have had no practice in the Lake--so that's good). We thought about cleaning the garage. We didn't spend any money on gas or hotel, not to mention all the benefits to the
environment!

Because of all Abby's hard practicing I am sure that's why she did so great at her swim meet!

I just really love this picture of Abby at her first swim meet ever. I am such a bad swimmer (I really prefer strokes with my head completely out of the water) that I am so impressed that Abby is turning into such a wonderful swimmer. It was fun to cheer her on and watch her compete, it was even more fun once Dan took
Estee home :) She is a sweet little girl, but not fun at a swim meet. We could not keep her out of the kiddie pool. So, anyway, Abby did great she came in 5
th place overall.

She said she swallowed a bunch of pool water while doing a turn, I think I would have stopped and thrown-up right there-yuck! But, she is stronger than me she didn't do that she swan on and did great.
Here is a VERY SHORT video (I actually thought I was taking a picture) of her doing the back stroke.
In other news, aren't these the cutest girls? We had a fun play date with Estee and her two friends Esther and Lucy. They are all coloring, they loved coloring especially when I helped them draw pictures (don't worry just stick figures) of themselves. Their very favorite was when I drew one of them a picture of baby Sam (Lucy's little brother) and they all had to have a picture of baby Sam. They are so adorable, I loved my morning with these cute little girls!

4 comments:
The swim meet looks fun. I am dying over the prom picture, that is the best. Cute couple! :)
So glad you still had fun around here, you are definitely looking at the bright side of things. Way to go! You were the greatest to have Lucy that morning, I love that these girls love baby Sam so much. What a lucky guy. You really were a lifesaver. We have to get them to play again soon.
I am sorry you didn't get to spend your vacation at Lake Michigan, but I am glad you at least had a nice week at home. I like how you thought about cleaning the garage. I think about cleaning all the time. Wouldn't it be nice if you could just think about doing it and it would be done :).
By the way, I love the new layout on your blog. It is so pretty!
I want to bring my little one over for play date, that looks fun.
I had no idea Abby was such a swimmer. that is so cool..... she is the best ever.
Post a Comment