Thursday, June 12, 2008

Milestone

My little daughter Abby graduated from the fifth grade last night. I swear it was ten minutes ago she was a little newborn and I was wondering how I was so lucky to have such a perfect baby. I have a clear memory of being up in the middle of the night with her when she was really little. I was watching the Princess Diana funeral to try and stay awake, and thinking that this sweet little baby was my little princess. It feels like that just happened! How have almost 11 years passed?? It really hits me just how fast the years fly by when I look at this little replica of Abby wondering my house--called Estee! She looks just like Abby did at that age and they act a lot alike too. I feel so lucky to be blessed with two such wonderful, beautiful, and talented daughters.


Here are some pictures from the 5th grade graduation. Abby with two of her best buds.
The opening performance!

Each 5th grader had drawn a self portrait and Abby's was the best by far. I mean not to brag, but she is really a good artist. Some of the other mom's backed me up on this and told me how she really captured her personality in this picture. I could not agree more, I can't wait to frame it and put it on the wall.



Abby and her "clone" Estee, below the row of self portraits.


Another one of the songs the 5th graders performed.

I really can't believe Abby is all done with her elementary school years! Sixth grade here she comes!

Abby is excited for sixth grade for the following reasons (in her words):

1) allowance begins :)

2) school ends earlier in the day

3) Andy will be at my school and "I can annoy him"

4) art is cooler in middle school

5) I might have a Nintendo DS

6) I will switch teachers every hour (this is good in case they are annoying me)

7) longer lunch period

8) meeting tons of new people

1 comment:

Dustin and Shelli Chambers said...

I am reminiscing (SP??) too, I remember coming to see Abby at the little house in Lewiston when she was born! She is beautiful and I wish we lived closer so I could get to know her better. I love your blog for that!