Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Some Favorites

OK, so I know I talk about food a lot, but here are some more favorites!

I love going to Sam's Club and getting a buttered pretzel. They are so good. I usually make up some excuse that I need to go to Sam's Club just so I can get one of these delicious things. You should really try if you haven't.
Another one of my all time favorites is a shaved ice. If you grew up in Utah then you know exactly what this is, a deliciously, sugary, icy thing.

In case my description is lacking this is what a shaved ice is. I am salivating just looking at it (sad, I know). I haven't been able to find anything like this in Michigan. The other day I happen be killing some time in the car and I drove past this IceScapes store. I was so excited to try it and see if it was like a shaved ice. Yes, it was, it was delicious and sugary and icy. Now I am looking for excuses to head to Ypsi to go and get one!

7 comments:

Isabelle Cannon said...

K- looks like I need to try a buttered pretzel from Sam's. I have never had one. What are you thinking about St. George? Hope things are going well. We are moving the end of this month and still haven't sold our home. We are still hoping though

Anonymous said...

Shaved Ice. Yum. When Andy I went to Kauai, Hawaii everyday we went on a search for the best shaved ice on the island. On the the last day we went back to our favorite for lunch and dinner. Sigh. Your'e right, nothing like it here. But we have good pasties!

Eddie, Mandy, and baby boys said...

Mmmm, all of your pics made me hungry! I'll have to try some of your favorites!

Becky said...

You'll have to take me to that IceScapes store sometime. How did you customize your blog? It looks so cute!

Byron said...

Love the new blog, Janie, looks great. I was all excited that you were posting about FOOD, but it wasn't YOUR food. I want your creations, they're better than anything else!

Byron said...

By the way, I also have to add that I love that you put music on your blog but that you give the visitor the choice to listen if they want. So smart!

Anonymous said...

The other day I heard that healthy food stores are cheaper than grocery stores and I told you and you said that's why I try to go to Sam's Club, you get larger quantity
But now I know the truth! you just like getting buttered pretzels!
Love Andy