Sunday, July 20, 2008

I love the crib tent!!


Definitely a new favorite item of mine, the amazing crib tent!
A few weeks ago Estee started climbing onto the side of her crib and turning the light in her room on. She would love to do it at 5 am and start yelling Abby's name! Needless to say that got old fast. So, with all my motherly wisdom I decided for the safety of my baby (And sanity of Abby) I would take her out of her crib and just put her mattress on the floor. I knew this would be hard, but I was prepared for a battle!
After two weeks of no crib I have officially lost the battle. 23-month olds have no business being out of a crib, I fought hard but man, I have been beat.

The crib, which I had put on arborlist to try and sell, and had just got an offer on it, went back up with only minor glitches. Thanks to the help of my other three children and Dan (yes, group effort).
Then I (ok, mostly Dan) put the most wonderful invention ever on the crib...................a crib tent!!! Which I got on craigslist for $10! After only a day with that thing on I feel like a new woman, which is why I am blogging again. Estee went to bed last night so easily and only cried for about 30 seconds. She then took a nap for three hours today!! She hasn't done that in a long, long time, it was amazing I actually had to wake her up to take Dan the airport.
Some of the victims of Estee's freedom from the crib.






Everybody thought I was taking a nap, oh no, I have been busy!

Thank you crib tent for making this never happen again! I love, love, love the crib tent!!

12 comments:

.............................. said...

I have never even heard of the crib tent. What an amazing item, definately invented by a mother in despair. I am so happy for you, hopefully this will bring you some sanity again.

Isabelle Cannon said...

Oh that cracks me up! She is so darling. I bet you are so thankful for the crib tent! Hope you are doing well. I would love to see you if you are coming to Utah at all.

An said...

I knew you were looking for a crib tent, but I'm so glad you found one and set it up. Yay!!!!!

JAY AND JOSIE WEBB FAMILY said...

Those pictures are great! If you can believe it Jami went to a little tykes bed at about 13 months. It was crazy but the crib died, it was the one me and you had as babies. Anyway we ended up getting a tv/vcr and she went to sleep watching barnie. I was afraid she would end up a tv junkie, well she is a little, but she manages to maintain a 4.0. Kids....... :)

Jill said...

I haven't laughed so hard in a long time. I think it's because I can relate so well. Jed is 2 and 1/2 and I am digging in my heels and keeping him in there for as long as I can. Though he can climb out, we have turned the locks around like mom did for you and Julie and it works quite well. I just keep the magic markers out of his room. :)

Church Fam said...

Nice move Janie, I might need one of those before long. Can totally relate to the beautiful drawings too. She sure is cute.

Byron said...

Ohhh, I'm so glad the tent worked! Toddlers are hard enough with good sleep. No sleep toddlers are nightmares! You really are doing her a favor...not sticking her in a cage, I promise!

Where's the picture of the tent?

Estee still looks darling as a terror!

Becky said...

Awesome! I hope the marker comes off most things (especially the doll house . . . ) I'm glad your sanity levels are returning! Great to see you yesterday!

Byron said...

So am I THAT big of a ding dong to miss the tent picture the first time? Duh...

Dustin and Shelli Chambers said...

Wow, good advice, I'm sure I'll be investing in one soon, Hudson has just recently got out a couple of times, and you are right, 22-month olds have no business being out of a crib! Love the pics!

The Cherry Family said...

Nice! Brayden figured out how to fall out of his crib at 18 months. But at least he was totally used to a bed by the time Caleb came around. I love Estee and her hair in the middle of the mayhem. :)

Abbigail said...

the poor little dollhouse! ;) Oh well, it least it got some loving. I am not going to complain, she is being an artist!