Monday, March 3, 2008

Utah Trip

We had such a great trip to Utah. We enjoyed so many fun things from skiing to St. George!

We flew in to SLC and immediately met up with our great friends the Fisher's (except for Peter--we missed you) and went to dinner at the Mayan. That was the only time I pulled my camera out the whole trip. Actually it's probably a good thing because the pictures I took are seriously lacking.

Abby, Madeline, Mitch, Jake and the blurr is Tyler. Sorry about the bad picture, it was seriously the best one I got.


If you haven't been to The Mayan restaurant in SLC you should really check it out. These pictures do not give it justice, but it is really cool. This is the big pool of water that live divers jump into from big tall cliffs.

Here is one of the talking parrots at the Mayan. (Abby took this one she figured out how to focus the camera)

We stayed two nights with the Fisher's and Nicole was so sweet and watched Estee for us while we went skiing all day on Friday and then watched everyone while we went to a fancy dinner. We always have such a great time with the Fisher's and Nicole was on her own this time. I totally miss having long conversations with Nicole, but it was so fun to see her anyway. The kids all had a great time with her kids too.

Dan then went up to his conference at Snowbird and the kids and I headed to Logan to see family. It was a blast! Here a shot of me and two of my sisters Jill and Josie. Thanks to Josie for taking it!

Before leaving Logan I dropped all the kids off at my wonderful in-laws for a fun two days with grandma and grandpa. I headed for Salt Lake to get Dan and fly to St. George. It was 72 degrees. We loved it there. I sat in the pool OUTSIDE the first night and thought about my poor friends in Ann Arbor in the 10 degree weather. It was a fun and relaxing two days with no kids and warm weather.

We then flew back to SLC and had a FUN dinner with a great group of friends from med school. It was so much fun to see them all. We are all pretty much at the same stage in life and it was fun to hear about what everyone is doing. Sorry no pictures I forgot to get out the camera.

Then we had one day left in Logan and decided to spend it skiing at Beaver Mtn. and with family. It was probably the best day skiing ever! Perfect blue skies and perfect snow. We love Beaver Mtn. it is rarely crowded and prices are still pretty good and the snow and runs are good. Thanks to Grandma for watching Estee all day while we skied. Then we had one last family party dinner and it was so fun to see everyone! What an amazing fun time we had. I did not want to come home I was having way too much fun!

Love those Mountains! This is Snowbird from our day of skiing there.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great trip with the right mix of everything...time with kids, time with friends, time with family, and time alone with hubby. One thing I don't get? You don't like skiing on slushy ice on Michigan mole hills?

Sharon said...

You got to love that Utah powder! Fun trip!

An said...

I'm glad you remembered to feel sorry for us here in Michigan while you were in St. George.